Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overnight (Wed) to Zurich

After our day in Bangkok, we got back to the Novatel, had a shower and were ready to go. Checkout and the transfer to the airport all occurred within minutes, so we had plenty of time in the airport lounge (adequate but not great – some wine would have been nice!). Checked out the duty free prices and found the cigarettes which we've promised to bring back are a fraction of the price in Bangkok compared to the Melbourne duty free price. And the spirits are cheaper, too.

The overnight flight to Zurich went without a hitch. I ate the whole meal, so on a full stomach and several glasses of Bordeaux red, I slept solidly for nearly 5 hours (I sometimes don't even manage this at home). I composed this post at the Swiss lounge at Zurich, waiting for our connecting flight to Milan. There was supposed to be wi-fi in the lounge, but seems the Swiss are frugal on giving access and I needed to get a voucher or something to make the connection work (so I didn't bother).

No comments:

Post a Comment